Eye Pain Page
if your mouth hurts, you go to a dentist. if your eye hurts you go to an eye doctor.
the following is not meant as a supplement for seeing a doctor.
dealing with dry eye pain
You could have a migraine headache or a serious eye problem.
The pressure in your eye may be too high. You may want to try
pressing on your eye, and if it feels like it's bugging out and
hard as a rock, you may have Glaucoma. See an eye doctor immediately,
as this disease causes blindness.
Glaucoma Information here.
See: Dr Koop and EyeMD Link for more complete information
The most common causes of stinging are foreign bodies that get into the eye and
infections such as pink eye.
Dry Eye can occur by itself or accompany other common conditions...
Pollen and other irritants can cause stinging in the eye.
If you are using eye drops, an allergic reaction to them can cause
a great deal of pain, even days after putting the drop in.
You might want to check information on Inflammation
of the Iris or see Dr
Koop and EyeMD
Link for more complete information
With Dry Eye Pain
Many conditions make the eye sting because they dry it out. Below are a few treatment
tips for dry eye...
Moderate Dry Eye.. things to help mitigate the pain
Severe Dry Eye.. things to help mitigate the pain
- Stop Smoking the Reefer!
- Take Your Contacts Out: (if you are wearing them) sometimes looking better
isn't worth it
- Use Visine or other artificial tear medication
- Limit activities involving staring (TV watching, working at computer, reading,
- Put Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Concentrated Therapeutic
Lotion on your eyelids.. this does the best job of keeping your eye
- Put Vaseline Intensive Care lotion on your eyelids (it comes in a green
bottle.. the premium brand is important as the store brand lotions are oily
and don't absorb into the skin) CAUTION: Putting
lotion on your eyelid can lead to eye infection. You should always wash your
hands before applying lotion.
- Use Refresh PM Gel DURING THE DAY.. (one eye at a time) this will blur
your vision like hell but it may be worth it if the pain intense enough
- Get a humidifier and use it a good part of the day (or move to North
- Stay away from allergen, if you are allergic to pollen or eye medication,
try to get away from them
Things NOT TO DO to treat dry eye
- Do NOT use pain medication (aspirin, Tylenol, etc..) to treat dry eye..
it merely numbs the pain for awhile and it will be worse afterwards.. Instead,
treat the eye itself, keeping it wet somehow
- Don't expect sympathy from anyone. Eye pain makes you feel like hell and look like Jack Nicolson, but it's not something that people consider disabling.
see more.. Dry Eye Pain
This is lepton,
not a doctor.. i take no responsibility for any harm caused by taking my advice..
if you are concerned enough, see your local eye care practitioner
(thses links are here to get them into Google! The Bipolar
Express Lexapro + Bipola Disorder = Crack Does
Your Name Add Up to 666? - Lepton's Worst of the Web
- Worldwide Gibberish Index)